Ashland University's outdoor track and field teams each added another All-American on Day 2 of the 2019 NCAA Division II Championships on Friday (May 24) in Kingsville, Texas.
Junior Alex Hill is a two-time 2019 D-II All-American and a seven-time All-American as an Eagle following his fourth-place finish in the men's discus throw. His top toss was his last, a career-best 55.71 meters/182-feet-9, and he far exceeded his No. 16 seed entering nationals.
Hill has accounted for all 11 of the AU men's team points through the first two days of nationals. The Eagles are tied for sixth place through eight of 21 events (Angelo State is first with 40 points).
Junior Ellie Jindra moved from being the No. 11 seed going into nationals to a tied-for-fifth-place showing in the women's high jump, finishing at 1.69 meters/5-feet-6½. It's Jindra's second All-American honor of 2019, having accomplished the feat indoors in March.
Ashland's women have 15 team points through the first two days of nationals, and are fifth in the team standings through seven of 21 events (West Texas A&M is first with 24 points).
In the women's discus throw, redshirt freshman Lindsay Baker narrowly missed her second All-American honor in as many days, placing ninth at 49.60 meters/162-feet-9. Baker entered the event as the No. 15 seed.
Sophomore Trevor Bassitt advanced to Saturday's (May 25) men's 110-meter hurdles finals after placing fourth in Friday's preliminaries in 14.01 seconds. Ashland's men's 4x400 relay team of senior Myles Pringle, Bassitt, sophomore Channing Phillips and freshman Tim Rumas also moved on to Saturday night's finals after finishing prelims eighth in 3:11.82.
Pringle took 10th in the men's 200 dash preliminaries in 21.34 seconds.
REMAINING ASHLAND UNIVERSITY 2019 NCAA DIVISION II OUTDOOR NATIONALS SCHEDULE
Saturday, May 25
- 1:15 p.m. Central/2:15 p.m. Eastern – women's shot put (Baker)
- 5:05 p.m. Central/6:05 p.m. Eastern – men's shot put (Glass)
- 5:30 p.m. Central/6:30 p.m. Eastern – men's high jump (Pringle)
- 6:05 p.m. Central/7:05 p.m. Eastern – men's 110 hurdles finals (Bassitt)
- 6:25 p.m. Central/7:25 p.m. Eastern – men's 400 dash finals (Pringle)
- 7:30 p.m. Central/8:30 p.m. Eastern – men's 400 hurdles finals (Bassitt)
- 9:05 p.m. Central/10:05 p.m. Eastern – men's 4x400 relay finals