Ashland University senior Myles Pringle doesn't have much time remaining to garner collegiate awards, but he's making the most of the meets he has left.
On Tuesday (May 7) afternoon, the U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA) named Pringle the NCAA Division II men's national athlete of the week for the sixth time, following his work at the 2019 Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Championships last weekend.
The conference meet saw Pringle win the men's 200-meter dash (20.90 seconds), men's 400 dash (45.54 seconds) and 4x400 relay (3:08.42), and finish second in the men's high jump (2.05 meters). Pringle's winning time in the 400 dash was a Grand Valley State stadium record, as he finished the meet with 30.5 points as an individual.
Pringle has the following D-II national ranks outdoors this season – first in the 400 dash, third in the 4x400 relay, 10th in the high jump (2.13 meters/6-feet-11¾ at Ohio State in late April) and 13th in the 200 dash.
A six-time individual/relay national champion, 17-time All-American and a key cog in Ashland's first-ever Division II team national championship indoors in March, Pringle will compete at 2019 D-II outdoor nationals, May 23-25 in Kingsville, Texas.
ALL-TIME ASHLAND UNIVERSITY USTFCCCA NATIONAL ATHLETES OF THE WEEK
- Myles Pringle (outdoor), May 7, 2019
- Myles Pringle (indoor), Jan. 23, 2018
- Myles Pringle (indoor), Jan. 9, 2018
- Myles Pringle (indoor), Dec. 12, 2017
- Jordan Crayon (outdoor), May 2, 2017
- Myles Pringle (outdoor), March 28, 2017
- Megan Tomei (indoor), Jan. 10, 2017
- Myles Pringle (indoor), Dec. 13, 2016
- Jamie Sindelar (indoor), Jan. 26, 2016
- Zac Ball (indoor), Jan. 13, 2015
- Elijha Owens (outdoor), May 5, 2014
- Drew Windle (outdoor), April 14, 2014
- Drew Windle (indoor), Feb. 17, 2014
- Katie Nageotte (outdoor), May 6, 2013
- Garrett Grey (outdoor), April 8, 2013
- Katie Nageotte (indoor), Feb. 18, 2013