The 2018 NCAA Division II indoor nationals are just a few days away, and going into them, Ashland University's men's team is ranked No. 6 in the country.
The Week 7 U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA) NCAA Division II rankings were released on Sunday (March 4) afternoon, and the Eagles maintain their No. 6 ranking. The Week 7 rankings are based on student-athletes who qualified for nationals, Friday (March 9) and Saturday (March 10) at Pittsburg State.
Ashland's men have been ranked no lower than sixth all season – third three times, sixth three times, and fourth and fifth once. Since the start of the 2009-10 season, Ashland's men have been in the top six in the USTFCCCA rankings 60 times.
What follows is the list of Eagle women and men who will compete at indoor nationals.
- Senior Hannah Bartlome, high jump
- Freshman Gianna DiPippo, weight throw, shot put
- Senior Marie Hammer, pentathlon
- Junior Natalie Helenthal, weight throw
- Junior Mackenzie Leigh, weight throw
- Freshman Trevor Bassitt, 60 hurdles
- Freshman Brent Fairbanks, weight throw
- Sophomore Jake Glass, shot put
- Sophomore Alex Hill, weight throw
- Junior Myles Pringle, 200 dash, 400 dash, high jump
- Senior Elijah Talk, shot put
- Sophomore Nick Zak, weight throw