The history of Ashland University women's athletics display, on the second floor of Ashland University's Physical Education Center, has been updated to reflect the second group of honorees.
Among the features of the display are memorabilia and information graphics highlighting five key figures, as well as a timeline which traces the history of Ashland College/University women's athletics back to the early 1900s.
The second group of memorabilia and info graphics subjects are:
- Adriane Blewitt-Wilson (track and field, 1999-2003)
- Jackie Jeschelnig-Ulm (track and field, 1998-2003)
- Dr. Carol Mertler (coach/administrator, 1966-76)
- Darla Plice (basketball, 1975-78)
- Kristy Ritchie (soccer, 1998-2001)
Memorabilia and information graphics for Ashland women's athletics athletes, coaches and administrators will rotate every semester. The first group of honorees were Sunny Litteral-Jones (softball, 1996-99), Kari Daugherty-Pickens (basketball, 2011-13), Jamie Minnich-McDaniel (swimming, 1996-98), Bobbi Pugh-Weaver (volleyball, 1988-91) and Dr. Ella Shannon (administrator/field hockey head coach).