For the third time as an Eagle, Ashland University junior Myles Pringle has been named National Athlete of the Week by the U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA).
On Tuesday (Dec. 12), Pringle earned the USTFCCCA NCAA Division II Men's National Athlete of the Week honor following earning his second automatic mark for indoor nationals (March 9-10 at Pittsburg State) in a first-place finish in the men's 400-meter dash (47.00 seconds) at the Kent State Golden Flash Gala on Saturday (Dec. 9).
Also on Saturday, Pringle was a member of the 4x400 relay team which won in 3:15.71 and earned a provisional time for indoor nationals.
Pringle's national honor comes on the heels of his earning Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference men's indoor track Athlete of the Week honors on Monday (Dec. 11). He is the only D-II male athlete to have two automatic nationals marks and lead the country in both events (400 dash, high jump).
ASHLAND UNIVERSITY USTFCCCA NATIONAL ATHLETES OF THE WEEK (since 2013)
- Myles Pringle (indoor), Dec. 12, 2017
- Jordan Crayon (outdoor), May 2, 2017
- Myles Pringle (outdoor), March 28, 2017
- Megan Tomei (indoor), Jan. 10, 2017
- Myles Pringle (indoor), Dec. 13, 2016
- Zac Ball (indoor), Jan. 13, 2015
- Elijha Owens (outdoor), May 5, 2014
- Drew Windle (outdoor), April 14, 2014
- Drew Windle (indoor), Feb. 17, 2014
- Katie Nageotte (outdoor), May 6, 2013
- Garrett Grey (outdoor), April 8, 2013
- Katie Nageotte (indoor), Feb. 18, 2013