Prior to starting the 2018 Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Tournament, Ashland University's softball team had seven players land on the 2018 All-GLIAC Softball Teams on Friday (May 4) afternoon.
Five Eagles are on the All-GLIAC second team – junior first baseman Kylie Asmus, sophomore second baseman Camille Pollutro, junior third baseman Paige Summers, sophomore catcher Cassie Haight and junior pitcher Hannah Stroe.
- Asmus is hitting .359 with 24 runs scored, 11 doubles, one triple, four home runs and 23 RBIs. She also has a fielding percentage of .992 this spring.
- Pollutro is a .370 hitter with 30 runs scored, nine doubles, two triples, five home runs, 20 RBIs and six stolen bases.
- Summers is hitting .362 with 29 runs scored, nine doubles, a triple, nine home runs, 33 RBIs and a .638 slugging percentage.
- Haight has caught a GLIAC-high 11 runners trying to steal and 11 more on pickoffs, and offensively, has 10 runs scored, five doubles, two triples and eight RBIs.
- Stroe leads the Eagles in wins (nine), innings pitched (121 2/3), earned-run average (3.05) and strikeouts (87).
Earning All-GLIAC honorable mention were junior center fielder Erika Farst and sophomore shortstop Bree Gill. Farst is hitting .301 with 27 runs scored, a double, two triples, 11 RBIs and three stolen bases, while Gill is a .291 hitter with 21 runs scored, 10 doubles, two homers and 16 RBIs.
Ashland (23-23) begins conference tourney play on Friday at 12:30 p.m. vs. Saginaw Valley State (25-23) in Sandusky, Ohio.